Home ō News Archive
16-01-05 To 30-01-05
30-01-05 A 45 years-old man Rescued alive from well at Rayapuram.
30th January, 2005 Mr. Govindan of Nehru Nagar, Tondairpet
descended to the well situated in cow shed to repair electric motor.
While repairing the motor he slipped and fell into the well.
Since there was no response from Mr. Govindan, his father Mr.
Munikrishnan descended to the well and he fell unconscious. On receipt
of information the personnel of Royapuram Fire and Rescue Services
rushed to spot and noticed that there could be a possibility of
poisonous gas present in the well.
Therefore, the Station Officer, Royapuram dropped a chick into
the well to confirm the presence of poisonous gas. After confirming the
presence of poisonous gas the personnel pored water to the well to
reduce the density of the gas present there.
Then the personnel descended to the well and rescued both the
persons alive from the well and were immediately rushed to the hospital
for treatment. But Mr. Govindan died on the way to hospital.
24-01-05 Oil Sludge caught fire at Manali
An oil sludge fire broke out at the Chennai Petrochemical Corporation Limitedís refinery in Manali on Tuesday afternoon. The fire occurred near the companyís oil tank farm when welding was in progress. As soon as the message received the personnal of fire and rescue service rushed to the spot and brought the under control in half an hour. No injuries or losses were reported.
21-01-05 13 workshops gutted in TRUCHI.
In Truchi, A total 13 of two and four-wheeler workshops near the TVS Tollgate here were gutted in the early hours of today. Fire broke at around 3.30 in one of the mechanic Shops located on the Circuit House Road, where a row of workshops are located. As soon as message received to the Fire and Rescue Services department .A team of 25 personnel immediately rushed to the spot to stop the flames. Three fire tenders from Truchi,Srirangam and BHEL FireStations,rushed to the spot. However there was no loss of life. Electric short circuit is suspected to be the reason for the outbreak of the fire.